31 October 2011

Repeat the Sound of Joy

A couple of Novembers ago, I wrote a Gratitude Post everyday for thirty days.

November 1, 2008:
My first post, in a line of 30 other posts, was titled - "I Won A Major Prize!"
I just went back and read it again. I'm pretty good. http://myscarletletters.blogspot.com/2008/11/most-wonderful-time-of-year-is-cresting.html

I decided a couple weeks ago, that this would be good year to do it again.

Everyday for the month of November, the month of Giving Thanks, I will take a moment each day and post something here for which I am truly thankful.

I believe deeply in the power of Gratitude. If Gratitude were a religion, I'd sing in the choir. Alto section.

But instead of a religion, Gratitude can be your spirituality if you choose. I try to choose Gratitude as much as I can. (Some days it's harder than others, of course. But 'in general' and all that.)

Now since deciding to commit to 'Grateful through out the month of November' again this year, a few things have come up. Figures. Including one other month long commitment.

But I've decided that this is okay. A greater challenge, yes, but I'm short and wiry and up for the duration.

I may not paint my nails all month.
I might not have time to wash my hair, balance my check book to the penny or get my toes kissed as often as I'm accustomed, but it's just for thirty days, no?

So Happy November's Eve.
I hope to see you here tomorrow.

"I can do it."

No comments: