18 November 2011

Chasing the Clouds Away

I love when I know exactly where I stand.


I know this is my Left Brain talking but the imagination part of my right brain is so incredibly over developed that I go to hyperactive speculating and that is rarely a good idea.

I get a little squirmy when I am left wondering.


I've often reflected that one little slice of why parenting is such an incredibly impossible job is that one can never really REALLY be sure how you're doing. There is no weekly, hard copy, progress report so that you can adjust accordingly as you go. Instead of finding out twenty years down the road that maybe you had it all wrong. (Another post entirely.)


Maybe we should go back to the system they use in some public school systems: Progress Reports.


I might have an addiction to fact. I hope that's not true. But probably.


One of my favorite co-workers is someone with whom you KNOW where you stand. Period.
Minute to minute sometimes, but I'm all good with that.
I WANT TO KNOW.


I do not want to find out six months from now that I've been doing something that made her job more difficult or simply bugged the shit out of her. I want to know now.

So just speak up.


It is not that I need her to be constantly 'happy' with me. I do not. In fact, if she were always happy with me, I'd begin to wonder about her sincerity because life does not work that way.
If she's pissed, then I say 'Okay, good to know. Thanks for telling me."
I appreciate someone who has the fortitude to be up front. Good or bad.


When did we become a society that is so afraid of telling the truth for fear of upsetting someone. God forbid.

Don't you want to know?

Or do you just want to be allowed to continue (spoon fed) believing that you're all good, when in actuality you are driving people crazy?


Luke warm is the WORST. Do not be in that wishy washy, passive-massively unattractive state! Don't do it. In the words of Anne Lamott "this is a BAD idea!"


I am ever grateful for the aforementioned co-worker: Midge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! You know where you stand with me? SNORT, thank you. First for being able to appreciate it and second for not labeling me a mean old bitch. I have pretty much spent life letting people know where they stand with me and what I thought. Has it propelled me to greater heights in my life, not at all. Not being a political bobble head has not benefitted me in any way, career wise, soul wise,I have never lost myself. I like the lopsided grin I see in the mirror and am totally ok with it, me and most of my life. Would I go back and redo it NO, NADA, ZIP, for when the day comes and I meet my maker, I know I will get a pat on the head and hear I forgot to give you subtle and you handled it well. Thank you my dear Scarlett, for loving me as I am, because they just seems to be no grey areas of me at all.

Anonymous said...

Crap. That should be "there just seems...". Ah, not perfect? You betcha. Hahahhahhahahahh