27 November 2011

Simply, No Accounting

If someone were to tell me, "I am so attracted to you but I'm not exactly sure why," I think I might be a little offended.

And yet...

Is there anyone in the world to whom you are deeply, but unexplainedly attracted? They simply do not fit your standard criteria for attractive?

I mean, if you were to announce that you find Brad Pitt quite handsome, no one would bat an eye, right? No surprise.

But if you were to mention aloud, 'Holy shit, that Bob Costas really does it for me,' you might get some quizzical looks.

My Partial List:
Bob Costas (The aforementioned)
David Caruso (What the hell, right?)
Joe Buck
Kevin Calabro
Will Patton


When I look at this incomplete list, the most striking common denominator that I notice is intelligence. It is my impression (and PLEASE God, do not enlighten me if I'm mistaken) that they are each quite intelligent and articulate (or they play one on TV).

And as far as I know, and again please do not go enlightening me, they are not complete and utter ass-holes. Sometimes that is all one can hope for.

I'm grateful for contradictions and exceptions.


It is too a word!
Webster's says: "Rarely used adverbial inflection of the adjective unexplained

3 comments:

Barbie Scarlet said...

Forgot Patrick Stewart.

Anonymous said...

MARK HARMON. Sam Elliott shhhhh. bill Gates

Barbie Scarlet said...

Okay, I'm in agreement that Mark and Bill are indeed difficult to explain. Good for you! I appreciate you sharing your list, but I have to tell you, I think Sam Elliot is so completely easy to explain. He has THE BEST mustache and the most smoldering voice, but his eyes cut right through me. I think Sam is universally sexy! Excuse me, I'll be over at Google Images for a bit now.