14 November 2011

One Man's List

Perpetually behind. Always trying to get caught up. That is a terrible place to live. I know these people. And some days I am these people. I hate when that happens.
To live in a constant state of defeat. Failure.
Cheerful blog today, no?

I love those days that are so easy to live with as I lay my head down at night. I mentally look back at the list with which I began my day and mentally check off the accomplishments.
Feels good.




  • Swept the kitchen.

  • Laundry.

  • Breakfast.

  • Dishes.

  • Posted on one of the blogs.

  • Shower

  • Made the bed. (Clearly these are not in order of importance.)

  • Got my headlight replaced.

  • Sewed a stray button.

  • Paid a couple bills.

  • Made some business phone calls that I've been putting off.
And this doesn't include the commute, work, writing the novel and all.

When I lay down tonight, this list of checked off items will feel good. I'm just going to need to be careful not to think about the list of things I had hoped to get to but didn't.

I am grateful for a good, juicy list.

No comments: