19 November 2011

Such Squeamish Youths Are Not Worth Your Regret

I am grateful for movie quotes.

I love a good movie quote.


My favorites fall into two categories.


Category One:
Those lines that I love every single time I hear them, but I do not necessarily use them in regular conversation.


Every piece of this is man's bullshit. They call this war a cloud over the land, but they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say, "Shit! Its rainin'!"


Anti-wrinkle cream there may be, but anti-fat-bastard cream there is not.


I am not kidding you; I'm not. Someone is going to publish your book. Someone is going to read your book, and realize what you've done.Because YOUR BOOK is amazing. YOUR BOOK is a work of genius. YOUR BOOK is going to change the world.


Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!


Hey, I know this is a tall order but I need you to do me a favor and try not to be so perfect.

Are you crazy? A man in a really nice camper wants to put our song on the radio! Gimme a pen. I'm signin.' You're signin.' We're all signin.'


I have not the pleasure of understanding you.
 



Category Two:
Those I tend to use in regular conversation:

I care!


Hello the house!


I found my moving buddy.


Important safety tip. Thanks Egon.


I will talk to this leg.


Isn't there anybody who loves me?


Back off man, I'm a scientist.


Gentlemen, the lunchbox has landed.


These are not the droids you're looking for. Move along.


Sounds made up.

5 comments:

Alice said...

Now that I know where you live, I'd like to see you home
-Gene Kelly in Singin' in the Rain, indicating the cake that Debbie Reynolds popped out of a few minutes before.

The hilarity of this quote was discarded in the stage version by removing all subtlety: "Now that I know you live in a cake, I'd like to see you home." (Booooo!)

(or maybe the high schooler playing Don Lockwood merely bungled his lines that night).

Barbie Scarlet said...

Singin' in the Rain. Nice choice, A! I haven't watched it in ages.

Be right back, I want to go place a Hold. ~ B

Anonymous said...

"The Dude abides."

Anonymous said...

My favorite line?
From the Godfather.
"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli"

Barbie Scarlet said...

Love the Godfather!!
I especially love when it's quoted in other movies, like You've Got Mail:
"Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday."