26 November 2011

Talk Dewey To Me!

If the title to this blog post is not already printed on a t-shirt or bumper sticker somewhere, then I want the rights to it.

There are some very common vacation destination desires that I lack. There are places on the planet that I think would be wonderful to visit but at the same time, some other, more commonly held (popular) locations, fail me.

New York City is one.

Now, up until today, only under the right circumstances would I have been happy to take a trip to New York City.


The Conditions being:


On someone else's dime with no financial restrictions.


With someone who really knew their way around NYC (but whose company I would have to ADORE).


When it wasn't freezing cold nor muggy and hot.


With front row ticket to Michael Buble at MSG during my lengthy, non-rushed stay.

But today as I was working around Word Count 43,130 of my novel, I needed the name of a high end, well known NY hotel. (My head says "I know there's one that starts with a 'P.' What was that one again?)

Fortunately I couldn't remember The Plaza and consequently, during the Google search I stumbled upon this place, which doesn't fit my needs for the purpose of my novel story line but absolutely does fits my needs in other more important ways. http://www.libraryhotel.com/index.cfm

Go there now. This place looks too cool. I'm going.

One of the tabs on their site is titled: The Dewey Decimal Concept. Be still, my old school heart.

They have a room called The Erotic Literature Room.

I wear a garnet and diamond band on my left third finger, symbolizing my commitment never to get married again.

But if I die and come back as some rookie who has no such commitment, this is the location at which I will have the ceremony, the reception, the extended honeymoon and all subsequent meals for the rest of my days.

Haven't you always wanted to LIVE in a beautiful hotel? The entire top floor. All mine.
That Eloise had it made, in my nine year old opinion.

I'm eternally grateful for room service.


Go take a look at the website. This place is for me.


Isn't life great?

2 comments:

John Schoppert said...

I want the almanac room! A pastis,a balcony and Jacgues Brel on the phonograph!

Barbie Scarlet said...

When I take up residence, I'll make sure to put your name upon the door of The Almanac Room. It's yours whenever you're in town.
Vielen dank, Herr John. (Is that right? And is punctuation the same in German as it is in my sloppy English?)
Missed you, glad you're back.
~ B