24 November 2008

"I call it Vera"

I love movie quotes.


I love long held, common quotes that have simply become part of our daily vocabulary.

  • "Lucky!" Napoleon
  • "There's no place like home." Wizard of Oz
  • "We're gonna need a bigger boat." Jaws
  • "Take it easy, Francis!" Stripes
  • "Who you gonna call?" Ghostbusters

Okay, well you may not use any of these in your daily life, but maybe you should. Then I wouldn't be hanging out here all alone.


I love obscure quotes from unknown sources that make me laugh even though I have no clue to the reference, until I ask.

  • "I'll be in my bunk." Firefly
  • "My boy's wicked smart." Good Will Hunting
  • "I was just no where near your neighborhood." Singles
  • "We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... 'This Land'." Firefly
  • "Sounds made up." Signs
  • "Paps, you've been like the drunken, abusive grandfather I never had." Cabin Boy
  • "Master, sir, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall assert, that I am an ass." Much Ado About Nothing
  • "Oh...and I can kill you with my brain. " Firefly

I am thankful for good (and sometimes, not so good but still funny) movie quotes.

No comments: