15 November 2008

Let Your Heart Be Light

I am in a strange and new Christmas state of mind. I spoke of this here, to a small extent, a few days ago.



Usually, I like to hold out until after Thanksgiving to listen to Christmas music or to start any red & green decorating. If you know me well, you laughed out loud at that understatement. In the past, I've been a bit of a fanatic about keeping Thanksgiving and Christmas separate.



It just always felt disrespectful of Thanksgiving that everyone seems to look ahead to the next holiday. Wasn't fair. I mean honestly people, eat dinner then sit around and read the Christmas ads for the sales the next day? Pretty insensitive to the 'now' of Thanksgiving.



Yet, this year I'm feeling no such compulsion to draw a solid line between the two. I trust Thanksgiving to be all good with me already listening to Christmas music, making red & green plans and thinking so many pretty Christmas thoughts before I've had even one bite of green bean casserole.



So for reasons that I do not understand, this year feels different. And therefore, is different. I'm finding it a little discombobulating. Whatever this feeling is, I like it and I'm looking forward to seeing how this Christmas goes.



I love the feeling of trust that I have about Christmas adventure and opportunity. I love that my heart is open to new, light and shiny red & green possibilities.



I do not know what's coming but that's part of the wonder of Christmas, isn't it? I'm all thankful for the wonder, aren't you? Wonder and all the twinkly lights.

No comments: