07 November 2008

Back off, man. I'm a scientist...

Okay let me just say that I'm feeling literary dehydration today. I spent a hectic day hunting and gathering. It was, of course, physically exhausting, but also quite intellectually exhausting.

Usually through out my day, I'll start plotting the direction my 'pen' will take later in the day. As I proceed, the idea will grow to the point that when I sit down to write I've got a pretty good start in my head.

Today? Not so much.

I remember thinking a couple of times as I drove from one store to the next, 'it's going to be so nice to get home, get comfortable and get a chance to get some writing done.' I got home, I got comfortable. I sat down with my laptop on my lap and it occurred to me, I had not prepared to write. Mentally prepared. I had not germinated a single writing thought today. Well, that's not exactly true. I did do some thinking for a blog a few days from now, but it's a timely thing and does me no good today. But rest assured I am totally ready for at least one day next week....

Today.... I'm thankful.
I'm sitting on my bed, listening to the rain drops hit the plants and rocks outside my open windows. My wind chimes just barely tinkle in the night. My computer glows on my lap and I'm about to go so I can Google a recipe for blue punch.

Live is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are very thankful lately. I'm thankful for that! : ) L