27 November 2008

"What are those things in the Cranberry sauce?" "Cranberries."

Thanksgiving memories. They run a wide range, don't they? All extremes.

One year we had a big wind storm, we lost power for hours, my four year old son went into heart failure and while we were at the hospital with him, my mom stayed at the house caring for my infant daughter (who was still breast feeding except that her 'source' was across town sitting in a waiting room) with no power and no dinner. A Thanksgiving I'll never forget.

Today, the turkey went into the oven early in order to be done around noon. But instead the meat thermometer said it was done at 9:30 a.m. No exactly as I'd planned. It was the first Turkey breakfast I've ever had. So by the time most people were sitting down to dinner, I had already had my turkey induced nap and I was up thinking about making myself a turkey sandwich.

So if Thanksgiving were a competition, I totally won!

2008, the year I won the Tournament of the Turkey!

I love Thanksgiving left overs. Turkey sandwich with Lays and a Coke on ice.

No comments: