29 November 2008

I Call It!

Sometimes you want quality.

Sometimes you want quantity.

Most of us would call dibs on 'quality' most of the time. I'm no exception and with that being said....I call dibs on quality blogs!

At the beginning of November I really wanted to write a little sentence here each day of somethings for which I am sincerely grateful. Just a quick "Thank you" to the universe and sometimes specific individuals each day, for the entire month of November.

Now as noble and well intentioned as this may have been, by about day 18 or 19, I'm thinking "Oh right, I can't go to sleep yet, I have to blog..."

Did you see that? "I have to blog..." This is probably not the best energy to bring to a situation where gratitude is supposed to be the focus.

So I will confess here and now, that I'll be glad to be done with this specific goal. I am quite satisfied with the accomplishment but 'whew!'

From here out, after tomorrow, it will be 'blog at will' for me. I love this. Blog when the urge hits. This is how it should be, I think. At least with the intent of being true to my own spirit, listening to my literary heart, not watching the clock or the calendar. It ends up being about quantity instead of quality. Phooey on that!

I am so thankful for the liberty to write here, or anywhere, exactly and only when the spirit moves.
Thank you, thank you....

No comments: