09 November 2008

Sunday Morning

I mostly just skim the surface of blogging potential here. I do not have videos, scrolling lists and other bells and whistles that you may find on other blogs, if you were to dare go look at anyone else's blog besides mine.

I'm perfectly fine with this. In fact, besides the fact that I have no idea how to do most of those extras, I like it this way.

I have also never included a link in my blog. Mostly because I'm not sure about the etiquette about such things. But not many read here, so etiquette be damned.

This morning I woke up and watched Sunday Morning before I got up for my first cup. I've had Veterans Day on my mind for the last few days. I did a bit of writing about it yesterday. And in their predictable timely fashion there was a segment on the Sunday Morning show that really touched me. I won't go into the details but I will include a link here. It is my hope you'll take a moment and not only read the story but watch the video.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/11/09/sunday/main4586454.shtml#ccmm

Today I'm thankful for the private citizens responsible for this expression of gratitude, for this CBS Morning Show segment and for reporter Seth Doane. It's sad to me that evidence of appreciation as this story shows is the exception in our country instead of the rule. My saying thank you to a veteran may never seem like enough, but it's a good place to start.

Thank you and Happy Veterans Day.

No comments: